Παρασκευή 21 Μαΐου 2010

Like a child


When I was a child, everytime my school organized a trip, there was discussion of me going or not going... I sooo much wanted to go! I was usually allowed to go. And I always had a dream the night before. I missed the bus! I couldn't find my shoes in my dream, or there was something going wrong, so I missed the bus. In real life I have NEVER missed a bus, or a plane, or a boat. I'm there very early, ready and packed and I usually wait for hours for the bus, or plane, or boat to leave...
I still have butterflies in my stomach before I leave to anywhere. The butterflies go away as soon as I lock the door of my home. This is when the travelling begins.
In two days I'm going to travel to the mountain. I'm going to see the place I plan to spend the next few months. I have all these expectations from the place and the people... I am already ruining the experience!
I wish I could detach myself from all expectations, draw a white sheet over them and not expect anything. I wish I could enjoy my days previous to any trip. In some ways, being aware of this attitude, I HAVE been enjoying my days lately.
Today I woke up and it had rained the previous night. The earth had this wet smell, I wish there where words to describe it! The park next to my house was clear with all the shades of green, birds where singing, there was moisture in the air and the sun was shining through the trees making lines through them. And the smell... that lovely smell that I cannot describe! I do love my morning walks with my dog! Peaceful, playful moments that are the start to my day...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου