Πέμπτη 1 Ιουλίου 2010

New post

This is the way I'm gonna do it. Post everything at once. Here we go...

Sunday 27 June 2010

Full

I am full of images. Eating fresh fish on the beach in front of the fire. Waking up on the beach and watching the colours of the sea...

And my first day on the farm. Horses, Skyrian horses which are the same as big horses but shorter. They are still magnificent creatures. And they have babies. Baby ponies, barely standing on their tiny legs.

Beautiful people run the farm. Educated, well mannered, who have chosen to live a simple life. Near horses cats and dogs.

Well tempered with all animals. In the previous farm my dog was trouble. Here, my dog is a blessing. It's the first time I see my dog sleeping around cats. And it's only the second time we've been here. I am sure we have entered a more relaxed situation.

Welcome.

Tuesday 29 June 2010

My new situation here in Skyros. It's a case of love. Let me describe yesterday's situation.

Victor the stallion is young and strong.

Marika is a mare about to have a baby. She is calm and sweet and she has a huge belly. We let her loose in the field so she can be calm and on her own until she gives birth.

While she was grazing in the field, she went a little too close to Victor's herd and he wanted to take her in his herd. He was biting her back legs and she could not kick him because of the big belly. She ended up running towards the house and he broke the fence and run after her. We had to calm her down and make a new fence in the burning sun. The people who run the farm were very protective of their mare. We don't want her to lose the baby because of this incident. The way Amanda took Marika for a cuddle brought tears in my eyes...

Everyone was very pissed off with Victor's behaviour, but that was just nature. That's what male stallions do when they are free. They try and have as many females in their herd as possible.

Things are now quiet, Marika is back at the stable and very well cared for.

All horses have personalities. All horses get the respect and caring as every being on earth should be.

I'm slowly getting rid of my fear. The horses are coming up to me, rubbing their heads in my belly, licking my face, saying hello. It's pure love. It heals everything. volunteering for this farm is an absolute joy.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου