Δευτέρα 6 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

Full of light

I am back in Athens. Full of images, experience and light. I said my goodbyes to all the horses and these two wonderful people who gave me shelter and food and knowledge and peace of mind. Living in the nature of Skyros made me set my priorities and see what I really want to do. I realised that beauty lies in simple things and nature is always abundant despite any economical crisis. The trees are always going to produce fruit and the earth is always going to give you food and the sea is always full of fish. As long as we respect and help nature, she is going to give you back.

We are so lost in our city blocks that we call homes and we have become dependent on supermarkets for food. Whereas if we get out of the city, there is space. Space and land and animals. Farm life is not easy, but it is rewarding. Farm life is not for everyone, is it not? There were times were things were much simpler. No television and no electricity. Could we live like this? I have realised that the people of Skyros - and every other civilisation which is close to nature, will still be very independent even if there are no more supermarkets and television or internet.

So I will live as close to nature as I can. Even if that means I will have no internet and supermarket. I love nature. And she loves me.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου