Τρίτη 19 Οκτωβρίου 2010

The first really sunny day

Today was the first real sunny day here... and all I did was sit in the sun and sew the nets for the olives to fall into. It was a bit like meditation. My mind was travelling through a lot of things. The first was that I am always doing my best. I have never sewn a net before, but I'm doing my best. And I will not be doing this forever, so I enjoy doing it. I get bored really easily, that's why I like to change settings every once in a while.

The second is that there is still a saddness in me and it does not let me enjoy fully what i'm doing. I guess I should just let the saddness be and I guess that slowly it will pass. In the meantime I can enjoy sitting or even lying on the bare ground. I never knew that automn smells like spring. I guess all my previous automns were spent in the city.

The family that runs the house and the farm have very good taste. Their home is very simple and has some amazing pieces of art that blend nicely without really standing out.

My typical day so far, is that I wake up at seven in the morning, drink coffee and have breakfast and start work at eight thirty. Until lunch I do whatever they ask me to do. So far I have helped in the little store they run in the village, I have sewn some nets, I have helped in the barn and I have planted artichokes. By 1 it's time to eat. We usually have pasta which is delicious. There's usually a starter, a main course and dessert. And espresso at he end. then there's siesta time for half an hour and then we continue doing whatever we stopped doing earlier. We stop at six and that's when I have some time to check my e-mails and write on the blog. At eight there's dinner. And I think I have already told you about the divine dinners that Jim cooks for us. By 9.30 it's time for bed.

Tuscania from our farm
I'm a morning person, so this schedule suits me just fine. Lorenzo said that when the olive harvest starts - tomorow that is - things will be more hectic than they are now. Let's see...

The fact is that there are so many beautiful things to see and so many beautiful colours around that everything is breathtaking...

Oh, and one last thing. Last night there was a ring of light around the moon! Do you think that's a good sign?

7 σχόλια:

  1. Μια γρήγορη καλημέρα.. θα περάσω με χρόνο να διαβάσω με ηρεμία τα νέα σου!!!!!!! :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Καλημέρα!!!
    Ασφαλώς και είναι καλό σημάδι. Μακάρι να το είχα δει κι εγώ. Για μένα ήταν μια πολύ δύσκολη νύχτα η χθεσινή. Αλλά ξέρεις κάτι; Διαβάζοντας τα νέα σου σήμερα, όλα μοιάζουν πιο φωτεινά. Είσαι η νότα αισιοδοξίας που μου λείπει.
    Φιλιά.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. δεν ξερω αν ειναι καλο σημαδι,αυτο που ξερω σιγουρα ειναι ενα υπεροχο θεαμα!
    μας ταξιδευεις στα ονειρα μας,μεσα απο σενα βλεπω πως να συνεχισω!σ'ευχαριστω ελινακι μου,το μονο που θα ηθελα ειναι περισσοτερες φωτογραφιες...αν μπορεις!

    ε.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. About the sadness:
    Would you really enjoy everything fully if you had someone to share it with? I don't know, but I've realized that for me: I need people to share.
    But everybody is (really very) different, it's probably not the cause for you.
    Now that I am thinking about it, probably that's why I haven't left...Yet. At least until I can take my people with me :)
    Baci,
    Salonica

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. It's so nice to have people commenting everytiime I write!
    - Goodmorning roadartist!
    - Μην είσαι πάντα ετσι βρε tinkerbell! La vita e bella! Η ζωή είναι ωραία!
    - Ελινάκι δεν μου αρέσει να φορτώνω το Blog με φωτογραφίες, σιγά σιγά θα τα δείτε όλα...
    - Salonica, the sadness is there because of all the things and all the people I left behind... Besides, I am sharing my experiences with all of you here, and that's enough for now!
    Baci to all of you!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Να δεις που άρχισαν "τα μακάρι μου" να γίνονται πραγματικότητα.
    Εχτές το βράδυ είδα το ίδιο φωτεινό δαχτυλίδι γύρω από το φεγγάρι. Και θα συμφωνήσω απόλυτα με το προηγούμενο post. Δεν ξέρω τελικά αν είναι καλό σημάδι, αλλά ήταν υπέροχο θέαμα.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Ελίνα, τι ωραία που περνάς καλα! Είναι σα να βλέπω ταινία ή σίριαλ και περιμένω το επόμενο επεισόδιο!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή