Σάββατο 14 Ιανουαρίου 2012

The story so far

I want to write and I don't have anything to say.

We are back home since last Tuesday. He came on an ambulance. He came on a wheelchair. He could not walk, cause his left side was kind of paralysed.

As the days went past he feels better, he even walked to the kitchen (!) with my aid.

When we came back from the hospital, I was numb from the lack of sleep and the psychological pressure. I was in a trance. And the martyrdom continued at home. At 5 in the morning he wanted a hug. And I hugged him. And I cried. I cried really loudly! Because I wanted to sleep! It was like a torture! You want to sleep and they won't let you! I felt like I was being punished...

How can you give someone when you haven't given anything to yourself???

So we found a solution. A lady comes every night and keeps an eye on him. I think I am in heaven. Three days now I sleep from 11 till 7 in the morning. No interruptions. No martyrdom. We don't have a lot of money, but what we have she can have. She is such a gift... Sleep is such a gift... Three days now I am calmer. I give him the hugs and kisses and care he needs. I am there for him. I can handle it.

And we have abundance. Abundance of friends, of love, of phonecalls, of money, of messages, of food, of heat, of books, of music, of love-love-love and understanding.

See, I have many things to say.
Have a good day.

2 σχόλια:

  1. Ελίνα, εγώ πάντως σε θαυμάζω που το αντέχεις όλο αυτό και σου έυχομαι να έχεις όλο το κουράγιο που θα σου χρειαστεί. Μακάρι να μπορούσα να σου στείλω κάτι πιο χειροπιαστό, αλλά προς το παρόν σου στέλνω πολλή σκέψη, συντροφικότητα και συμπαράσταση.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Αυτά αρκουν κατερνίνα να είσαι σίγουρη... ευχαριστώ

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή