Τετάρτη 26 Φεβρουαρίου 2014

curiosity did not kill the cat

Curiosity killed the cat.
That's what I thought when I saw a cat climbing on a balcony.

Watching my thought. Analysing it. No, cusriosity did NOT kill the cat.

Curiosity actually led the cat to explore further. Curiosity actually helped the cat jump higher, smell lovely smells, meet other cats, watch the view from the roof top, find food, be alive.

There are some expressions that intergrate in our brains. They seem innocent but they give us unconscious messages. Do not be curious. Do not dare. Do not go further. You will get killed just like the cat.

I'd rather be curious than dead. I'd rather face my fears, go out, explore, talk about what makes me feel uncomfortable, climb the roof, watch the view.

I know I'll fall, I'll make mistakes, I'll do the wrong thing, I'll be embarassed. I'll be hurt.

But I'll get up again and be even more curious than before. I'll ask why did I fall, make mistakes? I'll be gentle with myself when I ask the questions. And then I'll get up for the new adventure. I'll prepare better. I will have the knowledge not to do what I do not need.

Curiosity will not kill me.
It will take me places.

2 σχόλια:

  1. Αν οι άνθρωποι δεν είχαμε περιέργεια, δεν θα είχαμε φτάσει ποτέ στο φεγγάρι! Την καλημέρα μου Ελίνα!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Πραγματικά Άγγελε! χαίρομαι πολύ που επέστρεψες στα πάτρια, που γράφεις περισσότερο! Καλημέρα και από μένα!

      Διαγραφή