Παρασκευή 3 Οκτωβρίου 2014

eat pray love. elina's version, mostly eat.

France was full of love, exhitement, beauty and light.

To top it all with a touch of romanticism and even more beauty, I came to Rome for 4 days.

It is one of the rare occasions that I do not travel alone. With me are my 5 best friends from home. It is different travelling with other people. You share more, you laugh more and you have to be more patient.

Another important aspect of the trip. I am very emotional and feel like crying all the time. I have been here before, remember?

Things where really different back then. I was going home after two months of olive picking. I was... Sad. Confused. Came back to a difficult situation. I lived a year of uncertainty and that year finished with a death.

This is behind me. I have travelled a lot since then. Here I am, wandering aimlessly on the streets of Rome again. With the love of my friends surrounding me.

I especially felt like crying when I saw piazza Navona. My favourite... This city is a museum. This city is a work of art. This city has endless, eternal beauty.

You walk for hours on end, you sit down for cappuccino and pizza and pasta...

When it's raining, you seek refuge in a church. You sit down and look up. Barok is singing above you. Putti - the little statuettes of love - are looking down on you. Angels are looking down on you.

It stops raining and you walk again. It starts. Your next refuge is Pantheon. You feel blessed. You will see water coming into the church.

Bernini and Michelangelo are hiding behind corners. All your senses are alert. You don't want to miss them. Did you know that Raphael is buried in the Pantheon? Did you know that Nature feared him?


This is it. I am having a great time. To sum it all up, I leave you with the following image.....


To be continued...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου